I know this is not really the best time to be writing a blog with so many works up my ***. But then if not now I may not get a chance memorialise this festive mood, this day, this night. Seriously I didn't enjoy a Diwali as good as this one in all the four years of my college. May be this is how every final year feels. To narrate things quickly I should start from the events of Tuesday, when there was a major power failure. It was around 6pm, wind started blowing at great speed. I was in the Engines lab where I was working on my RC Car, trying to build it for Velocity competition of Engineer @ my college and the Mech Events people were building the arena for the same event. The power went off, I packed up using light from my mobile and after the heavy rain stopped, got back to my room. The whole night there was no power. I couldn't sleep and it so happened that I played Hearts with 4 others until what was like 3 in the night (Phone Battery Drained Out by then). Food which we had ordered from GNPD (guru nanak punjabi dhaba) had come. I ate my portion (3 parathas) and fell asleep.
Got up at 10 in the morning. Got ready, put my sim card in my old phone to find my cousin calling. She called to wish me on occasion of Diwali. From there I along with Vishwas went to some juniors' room to check out some trouble with their RC Car. Note he is the stud here not me :P . From there we went to see Proteus (water bot event) he stayed there as he is the organising committee, and I got back when I got to know that power had finally come back. I spent some time finishing up some work and in the evening I dressed up and went to temple. Talked to two of my aunts on phone while going to and coming from the temple. I was recollecting how I used to have fun on Diwali when I was younger. When I got back I saw a few candles lit up outside the doors of few people in my wing, and just then I had talked to Chaitanya who had asked me "Crackers? Anything". This year there were some stalls etc put up near Girls Block, I hadn't gone there and most of my wing-mates were busy with their own organising stuff. I dunno why it hit me but I felt this is the last year we are at college. I decided we should do something special. Me and Chaitu went to Surathkal purchased candles crackers and sweets for everyone. I had called people and told them to come to the wing back by 9. Once they all had come we lit up candles in the whole wing, ate sweets and then went downstairs and started bursting the crackers. The 'accha bacchas' Supreeth and Rohan enjoyed the sight from far. The naughty boys kept playing the usual pranks and together we had awesome fun. It was very short but it was very very sweet. I will never forget this Diwali when I showed how to launch rockets without using the bottle :P Gaurav, Nikhil, Sachin we will do it again next year. we guys may not be together but make sure you launch few rockets next year and give me a call to tell me about it. Vijay Kishore n Chaitanya the bomber-men. Sarvesh I want that pic of yours with that 'phuljhari' in hand.I got back to room and then teased and troubled a good old friend of mine who was with me for Diwali of the year before I joined college. I kept bugging her till 12 I guess and then finally left her to sleep in peace :P.
Got up late again today morning and was running around the whole day with people from Bosch. After dinner wished in advance a fellow gult on his birthday. I then had a broken fb chat, thanks to my net connection, with another close friend (unexpectedly and luckily) and was full happy that I could. Meanwhile found some mega "kireek" happening with my dream company coming for campus recruitment (gotta get things clarified tomorrow I mean today). Vishwas gave a call to come for helping out some other juniors with an RC Car. Went there where he tuned their engine. Heard the small beast roaring. Got back. Then Vishwas Gaurav and me had some chat (not food) along with parathe (food). Felt great listening to them telling about how things were before I joined Baja, about how their seniors used to guide them (by leaving them to bulb , seriously nice way!!! ) and a lot more stuff like that.
All these above mentioned people, my school friends, my wing-mates, these people have now dozed off leaving me in deep thought about me myself me career my interests... But that doesn't exempt me from even a single work that is up my *** as I mentioned in the beginning of the blog.
Do tell me how you spent your Diwali. Mail to me at haithisisaditya@gmail.com. Wow this one went Xtra Long
Cheers
Aditya
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment... Its just your opinion.
But just try to remain a little polite and try to avoid censored edition of any language :D