I never thought it would be so difficult to leave college. Rewind my life by
two months and there was this Aditya who used to think too much about every
other thing happening around him, worried about his pending works, disappointed
about his X-girl friend and sad that he would probably leave college and no one
would remember him. He always carried a feeling that he couldn't make good
friends in college. But then it all changed with the "chhoti chhoti
khushiyaan" that the college gave him. Month of March got over with works
from the aftermath of Baja, major project in SOLVE and a little running around
for a few other things like department website, robotic arm etc. It all started
with the initiative to celebrate Ugadi and Rama Navami like how we did two
years ago. People came together and though there were a few disappointing
things that happened, we pulled out a huge event on the occasion of Ugadi.
Credits to all gults ... Special Credits to the Lord Rama and Lord Hanuman
(read Manideep and Saketh).
Enter the One Last Month at NITK. Most of it was spent by people (final
years) doing minor works in major projects, the major part was always kept for
the end (there were exceptions though, not me of course). But even in the midst
of that entire busy people spent time going for treats and treks with their
buddies for four years. Writing testimonials was also one thing people spent
most of their time on, at least till the site was closed. Then came club and
branch farewells (mechies didn't get fresh and so they don't fare well I guess
:P). Carroms in 5D wing with Atkins boy (now LSI) along with others in the last
month was one of the best times I had at college.
I didn't know that my casual work on a particular website would influence my
life so much. I would always be grateful to Ravi Teja (Gundu) for he was the
one for whom I did it. Sometimes I felt I should have listened to him and
joined PClub but then may be the things wouldn't have been the same if I had
done that. It surprises me sometimes how a handful of people can change your
life and bring you back from your own lost world. I found these few friends
towards the end of days at college. I found those people to whom I can go back
to, to share my joy and sorrow. They were with me from the day one in college;
the only difference is I now know what difference they make. I have no regrets
about anything in college. More or less everything was fun. There were a few
disappointing things but then without anything bad how will you realise the
importance of good. In the last week I met a few faculties who taught me and
said a good-bye.
Eyes filled with tears, tears rolling down cheeks, lips shivering with sobs,
with an exchange of gifts and tokens of affection, with messages coming not
just from a mobile but from the heart and soul of friends, I spent my last week
at NITK sending off people. My Last Day at college was a little sad in the
beginning because of the previous day's hang over (I just learnt the feeling of
missing people). I went to a movie with a few friends, had an awesome dinner at
food courts and was given a send off by all the remaining friends. After an
extra-ordinary chase, which was successful thanks to the Dark Knight who pulled
the chain to stop the train, we all started our journey back to our homes
saying good-bye to Mangalore for the last time as students of NITK. At some
point between all this (when even I was feeling sad and depressed) it occurred
to me that this separation is nothing to be sad about. It shows us how much we
love our friends. It tells us how much we want to be with them. Thank you guys for
all these awesome days in college. A part of what I am today is because of you.
Will definitely stay in touch ( read as "will kill you if you don't keep
in touch"). I am already looking forward to the time we are going to meet
next. Till then Have Fun. Take Care
Cheers
Aditya
P.S. Last entry for the time being on Darling.
After reading all this.. i dont feel like going to final year anna.. neways nice anna.. we'll sure be in touch..
ReplyDeleteLast entry...?! no anna keep blogging..
Thanks ra.. Taking a small break .. will be back after a while.. Pakka :)
Deletei felt in the college that u r the only senior, whom i felt has the "senior".
ReplyDeleteI wish to join you in the M tech
:) Definitely. We will either be batch-mates or you will be my senior then :)
DeleteNice one ra...
ReplyDeletealways expected from you, such a work with a good feel :)
Keep blogging, mate...for I am the one who'll be keeping an eye on your "Darling" :D
Thanks :) . Will sure be back :) Consider this as a small commercial break :P
Deletekoncham ekkuva avvale???
ReplyDeleteneeku ala anipinchinda.. aithe aindemo .. manam ye vishayam lo aina overega :P
Deleteyou are the future chetan bhagat man :P.
ReplyDeleteantha ledu le ra :)
Delete