It had drizzled till then and though it was just 2 o'clock in the afternoon it was cold. I got down at the usual market stop of surathkal below the fly over (which is under construction for the past two years :D and I have no idea how long it will take. Actually I don't even know which places it connects). I had checked out the google maps to figure out the route to which I had to take to reach the Railway Station.
I stopped by at a bakery and bought myself two cream rolls and a 7up can (as usual ... lose control on seeing a bakery :D ), confirmed from the keeper of the bakery that the station is at a walkable distance and moved ahead. He had told me that a board showing the direction of the Station would be visible. I finally located it (by that time I had already finished the two cream rolls :P ) and walked in the direction it showed.It was as if I was walking into some colony. I was wondering how there could be a railway station in a place like that. I kept walking and as I reached to what appeared to be the end of the street I saw it " The Surathkal Railway Station". An old building which on first look appeared as if it was the place where postal luggages etc are kept in the railway station. But then I had read the name on the wall which clarified my doubt. It reminded me of railway station of the place Akaltara (in Chattisgarh) where we used to stay during my childhood.
I don't know why but I like places such as these. Silent. Surrounded by nature yet not away from civilization. To add to all that was the pleasant climate. Moreover I like small railway stations very much. Not very crowded. Few trains come as if they have come from a long way just to come and see if everything in the village is going on fine. Many a times these trains carry with them hope and confidence of the village too. But may be I am too young to explain things like that. We leave it for future :D
Cheers
Aditya

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment... Its just your opinion.
But just try to remain a little polite and try to avoid censored edition of any language :D