52 weeks, 365 days, I am in no mood to calculate and say the number of hours. One Year. Time keeps running. Not a single second does it stop. Ever changing, and that's the only constant thing about it. And that is what keeps it up-to-date, updating itself with every second.
As a kid, for that matter even as a teenager, I always had this one thing in mind 'I won't change' ' no matter what' . Yeah I've been a stubborn fellow all along. My parents have a lot of patience that they actually handle me without getting irritated. (I'm blessed that way and also, somewhat, spoiled) But as I grew up I understood change and that is what I am going to talk about in this post. The second of the Last One of Darling.
"This is the right thing. This is the way to do it. This is how I should be. This is how things should do. This is what I am going to do." These and lots like these were the thoughts in my mind. Until time passed. As I saw more, heard more, felt more, faced more and understood more, my thinking, my ideas , my philosophy, it all changed. I dunno much about what Charles Darwin talked about Survival of the Fittest, but I do understand by experience that in order to survive (or perform, in the context of our competitive world's scenario) one has to adapt to new environments and that requires change. Change of methodologies, change of ideologies, change of mindsets, change of lifestyles. Having said that, I would also mention here that this change is only to be an add on to what you really are inside. When time passes it does not lose its past. 2014 is here only because time passed through 2013 and the years before it. You are what you are because you have been what you have been all this while. If everything is going good then nothing more like it, but if you are not liking the way things are going then it is time you embrace the change that is required.
My mom told me a few weeks back, i.e. after shutdown when I returned to Gurgaon from home. As a school going child when I used to get summer holidays and I used to go to my native place along with my parents; after every such trip there used to be some change in me. I used to become more matured or something like that. I was very young then. Don't even remember what kind of a change it was. But it felt good when I heard it from mom. Change is not to be afraid of. May be the word is a little misleading. By change, it is the seventh habit of Covey I'm referring to. He says Sharpen the Axe. I'm just putting it in different words. Update yourself with things around you. Learn from the environment around you. Change yourself to adjust to the situation so that you survive, so that you perform well at this moment and cherish this memory at a later stage.
While saying all this I have been thinking, about the possibility of this whole idea being misunderstood, misinterpreted or mistaken. What if someone thinks that I am supporting an idea that changing into an unfair person is the solution to an unfair world around him/her, (or something like that,) and that's where comes Good and Bad. What are they? Are they absolute of relative? Do they even exist? an insight into my thoughts about them is what is going to be my next article on the day of Bogi, a festival celebrated in the southern states of India. (celebrated as Lohri in the northern states).
Cheers
Aditya
As a kid, for that matter even as a teenager, I always had this one thing in mind 'I won't change' ' no matter what' . Yeah I've been a stubborn fellow all along. My parents have a lot of patience that they actually handle me without getting irritated. (I'm blessed that way and also, somewhat, spoiled) But as I grew up I understood change and that is what I am going to talk about in this post. The second of the Last One of Darling.
"This is the right thing. This is the way to do it. This is how I should be. This is how things should do. This is what I am going to do." These and lots like these were the thoughts in my mind. Until time passed. As I saw more, heard more, felt more, faced more and understood more, my thinking, my ideas , my philosophy, it all changed. I dunno much about what Charles Darwin talked about Survival of the Fittest, but I do understand by experience that in order to survive (or perform, in the context of our competitive world's scenario) one has to adapt to new environments and that requires change. Change of methodologies, change of ideologies, change of mindsets, change of lifestyles. Having said that, I would also mention here that this change is only to be an add on to what you really are inside. When time passes it does not lose its past. 2014 is here only because time passed through 2013 and the years before it. You are what you are because you have been what you have been all this while. If everything is going good then nothing more like it, but if you are not liking the way things are going then it is time you embrace the change that is required.
My mom told me a few weeks back, i.e. after shutdown when I returned to Gurgaon from home. As a school going child when I used to get summer holidays and I used to go to my native place along with my parents; after every such trip there used to be some change in me. I used to become more matured or something like that. I was very young then. Don't even remember what kind of a change it was. But it felt good when I heard it from mom. Change is not to be afraid of. May be the word is a little misleading. By change, it is the seventh habit of Covey I'm referring to. He says Sharpen the Axe. I'm just putting it in different words. Update yourself with things around you. Learn from the environment around you. Change yourself to adjust to the situation so that you survive, so that you perform well at this moment and cherish this memory at a later stage.
While saying all this I have been thinking, about the possibility of this whole idea being misunderstood, misinterpreted or mistaken. What if someone thinks that I am supporting an idea that changing into an unfair person is the solution to an unfair world around him/her, (or something like that,) and that's where comes Good and Bad. What are they? Are they absolute of relative? Do they even exist? an insight into my thoughts about them is what is going to be my next article on the day of Bogi, a festival celebrated in the southern states of India. (celebrated as Lohri in the northern states).
Cheers
Aditya
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment... Its just your opinion.
But just try to remain a little polite and try to avoid censored edition of any language :D