Earlier I was thinking I wouldn't write one for 26th Jan (all the politics that I have been hearing about was partly the reason for that). Then I was also thinking of a special 7th post as 7 is like my lucky number. But I clubbed 13, 14, 15 as a single post and I have one scheduled for 4th and another for 14th of Feb. So here comes the part 4 of the closing as 26th Jan. Now that I think about it, though, technically, it is not a "festival", but is a public holiday and a day of importance for the nation, it is still a special day for me, for as a school going student I felt some pride in doing the Parade. I kind of liked it, saluting the waving flag, most of the time it didn't wave because of still air, and i used to wonder how good it would look when the wind flows.
The song "Himmat watan ki hamse hai" gives me goosebumps even today. However my whole idea about country about nation has changed. I have grown to become one of those common citizens of the country who crib because they have no idea how to solve issues. As a child I used to feel happy watching advertisements of "India Shining" and the "Golden Quadrilateral" and highways. "School chalein hum" was a kind of inspirational audio for me played on the radio in the mornings. I was innocent then and did not know of any burning issues of the country. I am ignorant now and still do not understand anything about my country's economic state or the crisis it is going through (or may be it is not going through). Now I hear people talking about all sorts of things, about politicians, bureaucrats, state of the country, what other nations are doing, what is wrong in the system and so on. At times I wonder how it is so easy to say things sitting in one small room but it seems almost impossible to actually do something for a good cause.
Though I started it I do not have much interest in talking about Republic Day or about constitution or politics (because I do not know well enough to talk about them). So I'll just leave it at this. I shall close this with something that is coming to mind now. It is not about my country but is about a peaceful world where countries like mine have grown and developed. It would be great if everyone is getting what they need (not the same as what they desire, something like the difference between comfort and luxury) and they are content with what they get. If people can be good to each other; if people could try to see sense and reason from each other's perspective, understand each other; if only they could desire for harmony and not just peace. Sounds somewhat like Jiraiya's dream (#Naruto). Reality begs to differ. There was this one big ambitious idea in my mind "Adhyantha" in which I thought of an organisation which could gain control over markets and push some goodness into the world by influencing people and their thinking. Looks like that was only a dream and I woke up from it, it's more like people woke me up from it. I now know that those ideas that I had may not work at all. But that thought process and that fall did teach me a lot. My philosophy now goes wider and about humans and living beings, it understands balance and believes that good and bad are relative. I hope the world grows into a better place to live. I think I have already said a lot of random stuff. I'll keep my philosophy of good bad and etc with me and instead of stretching any further I'll put a stop to this here and may be get some sleep. See you in my next post of 4th Feb.
Cheers
Aditya
The song "Himmat watan ki hamse hai" gives me goosebumps even today. However my whole idea about country about nation has changed. I have grown to become one of those common citizens of the country who crib because they have no idea how to solve issues. As a child I used to feel happy watching advertisements of "India Shining" and the "Golden Quadrilateral" and highways. "School chalein hum" was a kind of inspirational audio for me played on the radio in the mornings. I was innocent then and did not know of any burning issues of the country. I am ignorant now and still do not understand anything about my country's economic state or the crisis it is going through (or may be it is not going through). Now I hear people talking about all sorts of things, about politicians, bureaucrats, state of the country, what other nations are doing, what is wrong in the system and so on. At times I wonder how it is so easy to say things sitting in one small room but it seems almost impossible to actually do something for a good cause.
Though I started it I do not have much interest in talking about Republic Day or about constitution or politics (because I do not know well enough to talk about them). So I'll just leave it at this. I shall close this with something that is coming to mind now. It is not about my country but is about a peaceful world where countries like mine have grown and developed. It would be great if everyone is getting what they need (not the same as what they desire, something like the difference between comfort and luxury) and they are content with what they get. If people can be good to each other; if people could try to see sense and reason from each other's perspective, understand each other; if only they could desire for harmony and not just peace. Sounds somewhat like Jiraiya's dream (#Naruto). Reality begs to differ. There was this one big ambitious idea in my mind "Adhyantha" in which I thought of an organisation which could gain control over markets and push some goodness into the world by influencing people and their thinking. Looks like that was only a dream and I woke up from it, it's more like people woke me up from it. I now know that those ideas that I had may not work at all. But that thought process and that fall did teach me a lot. My philosophy now goes wider and about humans and living beings, it understands balance and believes that good and bad are relative. I hope the world grows into a better place to live. I think I have already said a lot of random stuff. I'll keep my philosophy of good bad and etc with me and instead of stretching any further I'll put a stop to this here and may be get some sleep. See you in my next post of 4th Feb.
Cheers
Aditya
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment... Its just your opinion.
But just try to remain a little polite and try to avoid censored edition of any language :D