Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday, February 16, 2014

4th Feb The Last One - 5

I accidentally noticed this date on the calendar and saw that it is Basant Panchami. They used to celebrate Saraswati Puja really well in the university. I think they do even now. The lights of SAC illuminating the idol of Maa Saraswati, the Prasad, the crowd. For me college was always fun not just because of the friends, the fun and frolic, but also because of my studies and work. After being somewhat away from such a continuous study and that style of working I came to know how much I miss it. Back in those days I didn't study very well and now I want to get things right but it is as if I have totally lost touch.

My mother always suggested me (she does even now) that I should read more, that spending more time with books is better for me (After some real good experience-with and thinking-about lot of things I have come to realise that I feel more pleasant and peaceful when I am with books) The first novel I read was probably during my secondary schooling. But that didn't become a very regular habit. I used to read once in a while, some fiction novel, during university. I read a few after joining my job here in Gurgaon, but haven't been able to do much reading recently. In fact, only recently I realised that I am unable to sit for studying continuously for longer time (you may read longer as nearly 20 minutes). So this is what people meant when they said if you want to do higher studies do it right after your bachelor's, it is very difficult to do it after joining job. The stubborn fellow that I have been always, I believed I can handle it, said I'll do it my way and here I am, stuck up with less than a fortnight before my entrance exam for Master's, wondering if I will be able to attempt the complete paper.

Now I think I somewhat understand why they say "Knowledge is Power" and "Knowledge is divine" . There was this day last month when I was working on something in the office. I stayed back after my working hours to finish up some work. Instead of just finishing it up and going home, I started studying how the whole thing worked and what thing actually meant. That day I got back to my room at around 10 in the night. But there was no strain in my body or mind. All there was, was the happiness that I understood something substantial. It wasn't the whole of it but it definitely was something important, which I didn't know or may be just didn't realise before. Typing this reminds me of how I used to be like, how much I loved to read through initial pages of textbooks while covering them with that brown paper. I still remember I couldn't wait to finish the eleventh standard textbook of Maths during summer holidays of tenth (Learning Maths has always been fun to me). Those were moments of great happiness during university when I could solve numericals in assignment by myself.

I am sure all of us have that one thing that we like to read. It could be a comic, a textbook, may be newspaper, some tech stuff, or it could be random browsing about a hobby, the point here is to learn something, to keep adding some more to our existing knowledge, to grow. It is a good hobby and we should try not to lose such a good one.

May the blessings of Goddess Saraswati be with us always.
Cheers
Aditya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment... Its just your opinion.
But just try to remain a little polite and try to avoid censored edition of any language :D